Food in hall
- Informal hall includes breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday-Friday and brunch at the weekends. Breakfast is served 8-10am, lunch is 12:15-2pm, dinner is 5:30-7pm and brunch is 11-1pm.
- Formals happen twice a week every Sunday and alternating Thursdays (weeks 1,3,5,7) and Fridays (weeks 2,4,6,8) at 7:15pm. Formal booking opens on Upay exactly a week in advance of the formal at 6pm and closes two working days beforehand at 9am, tickets are £9.
- Typically two formals a term are Black Tie, for £12. You can bring up to two guests with you, for £12 for a regular formal or £16 for a black tie formal, from a different college, from home or beyond!
Down The Bar opening hours:
- The ballot is the way we assign rooms for 2nd, 3rd and 4th years
- Though in some colleges this is run by the JCR, at Hertford it’s run by the Accomodation Office
- The ballot is not scary!
- In Hilary Term you decide whether you are living out of college or in college, and on your own or with friends.
- You may ballot with friends up to a group of five – this is your ballot group
- You must enter the ballot by 8th week of Hilary
- If you have DAS room requirements you will be assigned a tailored room which best meets your needs.
- Ballot groups and individuals will then be randomly ordered, with the exception of the 10 members of the JCR committee, who go first
- So the ballot order looks like this:
- President, Treasurer, Secretary, Food and Housing Officer, Female Welfare Officer, Male Welfare Officer, Sports Officer, Academic Officer and then Access Officer
- (going to be) 3rd years – randomly ordered
- 4th years – randomly ordered
- 2nd years – randomly ordered
- In Trinity Term, everyone will have the opportunity to select a room, in order of the ballot – so the President gets first pick and the 2nd years get last
- All information on accommodation available is on the intranet: