Student Area

no results :(


Warnock menu


Book formal meals

Meal times

Meal Days Times
Breakfast Weekdays 08:15 – 09:00
Lunch Weekdays 12:00 – 13:30
Dinner Weekdays 18:00 – 18:45
Brunch Weekends 11:00 – 12:30
Formal Hall Wed / Sun 19:15 – 21:00
Guest Night Fri 4th / 8th 19:15 – 21:00





Report a broken printer

Request a projector

Select which ports the computer will have (we don't have any adapters for USB C)

Web print


Order from female welfare

Order from male welfare

Peer Supporters

First Responders


Access website

Alternative prospectus 2016

Student support fund information

What is it?

The Student Support Fund is designed to help out Hertford students who come into unexpected financial difficulty due to circumstances beyond their direct control. Alumni donate funds specifically for this purpose. All Hertford students are eligible whether graduate or undergraduate, UK or overseas.

What is it typically awarded for?
  • – Students who are not in receipt of government grants, the full Oxford Opportunity Bursary or Hertford College bursary, whose parents are not in a position to fund term time living costs to the extent required and who have no other funds to draw on.
  • – Students whose financial circumstances have changed during the year and have not yet been reassessed by the SLC for a higher level of grant which would in turn trigger OOB and Hertford Bursary Funds.
  • – Students who experience unexpected changes to their financial circumstances for reasons outside their control during their degree course.
How much are the grants?

Grants are typically between £200 and £800 per term depending on the circumstances and the level of funds available. In circumstances where financial hardship is temporary, the college may make an interest free loan. Grants may be one-off termly grants to help a student through a difficult period or may be repeated if the financial circumstances persist. However, students will need to apply for each term that support is requested.

How do I apply?

Complete an application form – available below – or email raquel.goold@hertford.ox.ac.uk in the bursary. All financial details will be kept strictly confidential to the Student Support Committee (the Dean (Chair), Bursary and the Tutor for Graduates) and the bursary.

When do I apply?

Applications must be submitted to the Bursary by the end of 2nd or 6th week each term. Discussions will take place in 3rd and 7th week, after which the college will contact students to let them know whether their application has been successful or not and why.

Other questions

If there are any problems or further questions, please don't hesitate to get in contact with either the bursary or the welfare officers.

Student support fund application form


Welfairy volunteer form

Make sure you have read the guide beforehand.

Welfairy guide

Expected Behaviour
  • Your role is primarily preventative and intended to provide support in addition to that which friends can be expected to provide.
  • You are not expected to do anything which makes you uncomfortable. If you cannot do something yourself then let someone else know – we will not ask questions.
  • You must be capable of making reponsible decisions in the best interests of others. This means staying sober. You can drink before and during your shift but be aware of your limits.
  • You must be visible. We provide high visibility jackets which you will be given by the Angel before you but you also need to make sure to move around and keep a look out for people in bathrooms and outside as well as by your friends.
  • If you feel someone is in danger of harming themselves or others either intervene yoursself, or speak to Entz, Welfare, or the bouncers. Do not attempt first aid if not trained and do not intervene if in danger.
  • Ensure an appropriate handover to the person following your shift. If there's anyone you have been monitoring let them know so that they can look out for them later.
Important Information
  • You may be asked to call a welfare taxi or walk somebody home. If you do, send Welfare an email explaining who the taxi was for and where it went.
  • If someone is going to vomit a welfare taxi will not take them and likewise they shouldn't be left unmonitored. Stay with them, and give them water and fresh air if possible until they sober up enough.
  • If you do leave the bop please let Entz and your fellow welfairies know.
  • If someone discloses an instance of sexual violence to you and you want help or advice, the Welfare and Entz team have been trained and you should get in touch with them.
Useful Numbers
  • Lodge / Welfare taxi: 01865 279 400
  • Arran (Male Welfare): 07552 403 977
  • Maya (Female Welfare): 07508 703 079
  • Sarah (Entz): 07854 224 068

Society websites

Music society


Top up

Live status


Book a room


Sports captains

Boat club


Main JCR group

Access group

Artford group

Entz profile


Consent Advice


Harassment Policy and Procedure